Services provided through the Business Services department include:
- Bill Warrant Processing
- AB 1200 Oversight
- Developer Fees Collection
- Financial Oversight
- Data Processing Services
For more information about these services, email Courtney Russell (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 530.251.8752.
The primary goals of the Business Services Department of the LCOE are:
- Provide general governmental accounting, payroll, personnel, retirement system, and reporting services to the Lassen County Office of Education and the school districts of Lassen County.
- Provide business-related data processing services on-line between each school district, Child and Family Resources, and the Lassen County Office of Education.
- Examine the financial documents, records, and accounts of the Lassen County Office of Education and Lassen County school districts to determine that transactions are legal and appropriate, to ascertain that all transactions have been properly recorded, and to determine that financial statements and reports drawn from the accounts reflect an accurate picture of fiscal operations and financial status.
- Provide fiscal management services for Lassen County school districts, such as assistance with local budget development, assistance with State report preparation, technical guidance on financial matters, and training on new requirements and/or procedures.
- Administer efficiently and effectively the procedures required by California State Law and the California School Accounting Manual.
- Remain current on all issues of a fiscal or financial nature which will impact Lassen County school districts or the Lassen County Office of Education.
- Assist in the preparation of state-mandated reports, as requested, and audit district-prepared reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Perform AB 1200 oversight activities in relation to the financial position and cash-flow requirements of each Lassen County school district through analysis, review, and approval of each district's budget and interim reports. In the event that a Lassen County school district is experiencing difficulty in maintaining an appropriate financial position or adequate cash flow, provide technical or other assistance directly to that district.
- Prepare and submit to the California Department of Education and the Lassen County Board of Education such reports as either or both entities may require or request.
- Ensure legality and appropriateness in the financial transactions of Lassen County school districts, Lassen Community College, the Lassen County Office of Education, and their respective governing boards.
Business Department Contacts
Lassen County Office of Education Main Number (530) 257-2196
- Courtney Russell - Director of Business Services - Extension 3019
- Dena Hanna - Assistant Director of Business Services - Extension 3021
- Kyle DeRose - Retirement Payroll Specialist - Classified Payroll, PERS - Extension 3024
- Travis Fuller - Retirement Payroll Specialist - Certificated Payroll, STRS – Extension 3023
- Sherry Lindsey - Developer Fees, ASES Attendance, MASA - Extension 3021
- Mikayla Sakellariou - Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Cash Balance – Extension 3026
- Brittany Buchanan - Accounting Technician - Extension 3025
- Allycha Snyder - Accounting Technician - Extension 3059
Business Resource Links
- California Department of Education
- California Codes - Education Codes
- CASBO Official Home Page
- DGS Public School Construction
- Education Data Partnership
- Quintessential School Systems
- School Services of California
- California Controllers Office
- ASBO International
- U.S. Department of Education
- Legislative Analyst Office
- QCC Payroll.pdf - Quick Guide to Employee Maintenance Screens in QCC
- QCC Quick Guide-AP.pdf - Quick Guide to Accounts Payable/Purchasing
- QCC- Quick Guide for SACS.pdf- Quick Guide to SACS Downloads in QCC
- QSS Manuals Online
- QSS Home Page